THE ORIGINAL J'ACCUSE PAGE

SEARCH THE ARCHIVES

samedi, août 27, 2005

The Economist

Good God... Thursday came and went and it slipped my mind. Well here is the piece de resistance from Poet Laureate turned Economist. Go Labour Go! Lorna for President, after all if the Czechs had Havel why can't we have our own destitute middle class poet?

As we ache for some panacea to clear our troublesome bowels the luddite shaman still insists on applying placebo quick-fix solutions. Being the destitute middle-class we all are (membership of which is on the rise lately) we cannot just wait for the day when changes are introduced to the free-of-charge medical service. Then, maybe, the new practitioner will manage to change our zeitgeist and so real cure suddenly appears - unless by then we become floor - rather than bed-ridden because the beds are sold at judicial auction to compensate for unpaid VAT refunds!
For the troublesome bowels I can recommend Lomotil or even Imossel. For the inventor of the term "luddite shaman" I can only recommend therapy. It's all here to behold. I'm off to change my zeitgeist.

PS On the way into Cannes (from Lyon) there is an exist called "Bocca"on the Autoroute. This is immediately followed by an exit to the village of "Grasse" home of perfume. Signs of the times perhaps?

4 commentaires:

Mark Vella a dit…

Eh, mela issa ok tkun middle class ghall-MLP?

PeachBellini a dit…

Ah good, I see Lorna hasn't escaped your evil clutches this time. For a minute I was worried!

As for luddite shamans... well before therapy you can send her my way for a detailed anthropological lesson on shamanism. That way, she'll be able to get maximum benefit from therapy. I'm easily bribed with a big jar of gbejniet (a bottle of wine wouldn't hurt either:P)

Jacques René Zammit a dit…

mark mark you disappoint me.
you can have an acceptable middle class... it just has to be destitute (martyr complex all over again).

Fausto Majistral a dit…

Just like Athena I was concerned that Thursday just passed you by. Thankfully, it was not the case.