THE ORIGINAL J'ACCUSE PAGE

SEARCH THE ARCHIVES

mardi, juillet 25, 2006

Canicule

Got into my car: inside temperature - 42 degrees celcius. Thank god for air conditioning. The weather here is stifling. So much so that on Friday, when I land in Malta, the only difference will be the proximity to the sea and the possibility to get to the sea. I can guarantee you that Luxembourg has nothing to envy the Med insofar as the heat is concerned. Showers are useless, you sweat before you dry. Any activity is a general heat generator. Wunderbar.

And it is in this heat that I await impatiently for the appeals verdict in Calciopoli which should be out around 20.30. And I will be unable to check it for a while since I have been invited to a Fete de St. Jacques and the host has no TV or internet.

Xi shana!

1 commentaire:

Antoine Cassar a dit…

Hope you'll be able to swim when you're in Malta, and the jellyfish don't spoil it for you. Walking down to Wied iż-Żurrieq has become more of a lottery than ever. Luckily I've only been stung twice so far.